Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

LHI! Eco Box - Summer 2012

Hi all,
This is my first post/review, so please forgive me if I muddle things up a bit. Pictures will be added later!
I actually received my first LHI! Eco Box before Christmas, but I’ve only just had a chance to finish uploading this post (I moved house and then got sick). Since I live in Brisbane it wasn’t really a surprise as to what the contents would be since bloggers in the southern states got theirs the week before me, however I would like to add my 2c as well. I have some issues with skin sensitivity and fragrances, so I’m really looking forward to trying out some of these Eco items. I’ve not really heard of many of the brand names before which is great, as the whole point of receiving these samples is to try out new products.
Here are the contents of the box:
1. The first item could be either the Earthly Body Hemp Seed Hand and Body Lotion or the Hemp Seed Glow Oil – I received the Hand and Body Lotion.
This product smells really lovely and fruity (contains Orange Blossom and Orange Peel extract), and since it is water based, it has a nice smooth texture and really soaks right into the skin very quickly without leaving a greasy residue. I’ve been looking for a good non-greasy body lotion recently, so I’m looking forward to trying this out – it is a good size (88mL) so I should be able to get a good idea of what the long-term effects will be.
2. Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream
I have been having some problems finding a good day cream recently – certain products have been either too fragranced and makes my face and nose itch, or they are too greasy and make my face come up in little lumps (sort of like heat rash). This one so far seems to be quite good, but I’ll need to try it for a couple of days before I make my final judgement. Apparently Melissa is another name for lemon balm, and it smells quite lemony.
3. World Organic Juniper Berry Cleansing Face Wash
Again, this product smells really yummy – almost good enough to eat! – seems to be a good texture. I look forward to using this in conjunction with…
4. World Organic Almond Seed Face Exfoliant
I really love the packaging of these two products!
I generally need to be a bit careful with exfoliants, especially if they have lots of texture in them – organic or not. I’ll get back to you about how this product works on my skin.
5. De Lorenzo Elements Mudslide Strong Hold Paste
I recently got my hair cropped short for the first time in years, so once again I’ve been looking for some hair products to style my hair properly. Some products I’ve used have been too thick and I ended up with chunky blobs of product through my hair, but this one seems to be a good creamy texture that might just work on my hair. The smell is really quite strong, I’m not sure what it reminds me of but it has fig and basil leaf extract in it.
6. Kuu Konjac Deep Cleansing Konjac Sponge
This is a natural face cleansing and bath sponge. It really is quite unusual, but they have apparently been used in Japan for over 1500 years. I’ll certainly be interested in giving this a go.
7. Aphrodite Make Your Eyes Pop!
Pure mineral eyeshadow/shimmer – mine was a subtle golden Champagne colour.
I do like a bit of glitter eyeshadow every now and again, and this one seems to be good because you can just use a little bit to have a tiny bit of shimmer, or you can use a lot to really stand out from the crowd. This will probably get a lot of use, and they have given quite a lot in the pot so it should last for quite a while.
I am really very happy with my first Lust Have It! Eco Box, I will probably stay subscribed with this for a while – great products in good size samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment